Dear Moderator

Welcome to my A2 Media Studies blog! It shows all of my work which I started on 18/06/12 and finished on 27/03/13. I put a lot of time and effort into my work and I hope that this is reflected in my final product.

My evaluation begins on 26/02/13
My final products appear directly under this text

I had a lot of fun creating my poster, magazine and trailer this year. I hope you enjoy looking at my blog, enjoy!

Tuesday 4 December 2012

Research and Planning: Female lead inspiations

To get an idea of how a female lead should be in an action/horror genre I decided to do some research to make sure that my character fits in with these conventions.

 Juliet Starling is the main character from the video game Lollipop chainsaw, she has a positive fun loving personality and is very upbeat (even when she is slicing the heads off her undead classmates) This is something which I would like to recreate in my own character of Alexis.


Babydoll is from the movie Sucker Punch, in this film her character escapes to a fantasy world in order to escape, hre she becomes stronger than she was in the real world. I wouldn't want to take the fantasy element of this but I would like to show strength as well as some vulnerability in my character. For example she may be captured at some point. She is not invincible.


This is Alice, a lead character from the resident evil movies. The aspect of this character I like best is her attitude and seriousness, I would like to represent some of this in my own work. This kind of attitude from a character could help with my film trailer/poster/magazine over being taken more seriously

No comments:

Post a Comment