Dear Moderator

Welcome to my A2 Media Studies blog! It shows all of my work which I started on 18/06/12 and finished on 27/03/13. I put a lot of time and effort into my work and I hope that this is reflected in my final product.

My evaluation begins on 26/02/13
My final products appear directly under this text

I had a lot of fun creating my poster, magazine and trailer this year. I hope you enjoy looking at my blog, enjoy!

Tuesday 22 January 2013

Research and Planning: Sound effect practice


Today we watched this film trailer in class for 'Wrong turn'. We are using this trailer as inspiration to creating our own home made sound-effects. The sounds we took particular attention to were the echoing high pitched sounds. We found that we were able to recreate these particular sounds using wine glasses containing water. Here are some pictures of me and Pippa trying this out for ourselves.

 We found that the larger glasses made the deeper sounds which sounded similar to that on a horror trailer.

 Smaller glasses make high pitched sounds which remind me of the paranormal.

 Scraping a knife against another metal utensil such as a spatula creates a good sword swiping sound.


 Crunching paper or a plastic bag sounds similar to a burning fire.


No comments:

Post a Comment