Dear Moderator

Welcome to my A2 Media Studies blog! It shows all of my work which I started on 18/06/12 and finished on 27/03/13. I put a lot of time and effort into my work and I hope that this is reflected in my final product.

My evaluation begins on 26/02/13
My final products appear directly under this text

I had a lot of fun creating my poster, magazine and trailer this year. I hope you enjoy looking at my blog, enjoy!

Thursday 21 March 2013

Evaluation Question 1

In what ways does your media products use, develop and challenge forms and conventions of real media products?




I answered this question on a powerpoint presentation and uploaded them onto slideshare. It includes my magazine, poster and trailer.

1. Question 1. In what ways do your media products use, develop and challenge forms and conventions of real media products? 

2. Use - Poster Used red and white fonts. Both my poster and this resident evil poster show the main character as female and holding a weapon The title for the film is situated underneath the main image to draw your I have used the steeltongs font to focus to the image copy real codes and conventions of first, before the name real media texts 

3. Develop - Poster I have developed the idea of the blue tinge on my work by using a darker colour to create a darker feel to my work My main actress is facing the side to show vulnerability Used a slightly different idea of apocalyptic world due to lower budget.Gradient effect covers more Similar costumes for characters of the poster 

4. Challenge - Poster I added a zombie into the background of my poster to show some threat I positioned my tag line to the right and under the title of my film. This is not seen other posters. Zombie Hunter is the biggest font on the page. Bigger than ‘Alexis..’ and ‘Chelsea Hall’ On the resident evil poster, the actors name and title are the same size 

5. Use- Magazine Main image female facing forwards holding a weapon. Barcode in bottom right hand corner is a typical aspect of a magazine. My main image is also situated in the centre of the page mirroring the other magazine's image of Angelina Jolie. The masthead is also placed in the same place.

6. Develop - Magazine Mastheads are different in font and colour but remain largest font on the page Both main images a medium long shot holding a weapon. My image gives direct eye contact which is not the case in the magazine I was comparing to. 

7. Challenge- Magazine ‘Special edition’ banner for collectors or enthusiasts No tagline. Much more blank space to draw the audiences attention towards the main image Magazine issue number and date are with barcode instead of hidden in masthead Different colour schemes. Banner along the bottom to list more featured films 

8. Use- Trailer The film title and release date both appear at the end of the trailer rather than the beginning Female lead role shown in apocalyptic setting Montage fight scenes to build tension. Using fast editing and jump cuts. I added my distribution logos at the beginning. 

9. Develop - Trailer Developed the idea of a logo fed through the trailer, instead of appearing in flashes is appears in the background mostly. I liked the idea of an evil corporation. Instead I used 2 members and never showed them in a scene with my main female. Everything had a sepia filter. As though it were in the past.The voice over in our trailer only lasts for around 10 seconds whereas the voiceover for Resident evil: Retribution lasts for the majority of the trailer. 

10. Challenge - Trailer I did not include any titles in my trailer I used direct eye contact with my audience which is not seen in other trailers. My villains are ambiguous instead of obvious to add  mystery to my trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment