Dear Moderator

Welcome to my A2 Media Studies blog! It shows all of my work which I started on 18/06/12 and finished on 27/03/13. I put a lot of time and effort into my work and I hope that this is reflected in my final product.

My evaluation begins on 26/02/13
My final products appear directly under this text

I had a lot of fun creating my poster, magazine and trailer this year. I hope you enjoy looking at my blog, enjoy!

Thursday 21 March 2013

Evaluation Question 2

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary tasks?


                                        

In this video me and Pippa discuss how our work works together to advertise the same film. We discuss things such as..

Narrative - We can easily tell the narrative in both of our work as it appears in several ways. The name of the film itself includes the words 'zombie hunter', all work shows Alexis, the main female character with a weapon and the same stance. In my poster in particular there in a zombie in the background again highlighting the zombie theme. The trailer itself is mostly a montage showing Alexis fighting zombies, again explaining the narrative.

Audience - You can tell the audience of our work through the themes, darker themes usually mean a higher age rating. Especially when violence is involved.

Representation of character- The costume and stance used by Alexis is the same throughout all of the work keeping her representation consistent. The zombies also have consistent makeup showing the same un-dead behaviors as well. The Acura company are also represented the same as each other  yet different to everyone else keeping them separate as villains.

Colour and Lighting - We also spoke about the use of low key lighting and colour filters we used. Mine being blue and Pippas being brown.

Location - The location we selected was perfect for our idea and is used in all of our work.

Text - All of the text takes the colours red and white staying consistent with the action/horror genre


This is an extra video I made after showing a couple of people my work. I wanted to see what they thought about how effective the combination of my tasks were.

No comments:

Post a Comment