Dear Moderator

Welcome to my A2 Media Studies blog! It shows all of my work which I started on 18/06/12 and finished on 27/03/13. I put a lot of time and effort into my work and I hope that this is reflected in my final product.

My evaluation begins on 26/02/13
My final products appear directly under this text

I had a lot of fun creating my poster, magazine and trailer this year. I hope you enjoy looking at my blog, enjoy!

Thursday 13 September 2012

Photoshop Challenge


Today we were given the challenge of creating a film poster on photoshop after not using it at all over our summer holidays. This was to test what we had remembered. We were told to find an image online and turn it into a poster of the same genre we planned on making ourselves. I chose the genre of horror.

I looked online for some film poster examples and looked for typical themes and conventions needed to make my attempt look realistic.

- A good title
- Some film titles
-The lighting and colour scheme should hint at the film genre
-Often actors names are printed in a large font to help plug the film
- Date of release or (Coming soon to a theatre near you)
-A possible age rating
-A tagline

This challenge did teach me that I definitely have to spend more time revising my skills on Photoshop. The picture I chose was originally in black and white which didn't give me as much as I'd like to work with when it came to editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment