Dear Moderator

Welcome to my A2 Media Studies blog! It shows all of my work which I started on 18/06/12 and finished on 27/03/13. I put a lot of time and effort into my work and I hope that this is reflected in my final product.

My evaluation begins on 26/02/13
My final products appear directly under this text

I had a lot of fun creating my poster, magazine and trailer this year. I hope you enjoy looking at my blog, enjoy!

Tuesday 9 October 2012

Research and Planning: Location ideas

My ideal main location for our film trailer would be on the backstreet's of Manchester city centre. This is because it is often empty giving us a lot of free space to work with which is something we would need if we were shooting any scenes involving running or a large master shot showing the 'abandoned city.' We could even stick up bio hazard posters or scatter some around to make it look more believable. By being 'out of the way' when filming our project we will also avoid coming across any shoppers who happen to walk on by. They could potentially ruin a scene or our costumes and props could give them quite a fright. 


 The back streets of Manchester does have an almost eerie feel about it as it is anyway so I can definitely say shooting there at dusk/night time will definitely add to the fear factor of our film. We can come across graffiti and abandoned buildings, litter or smashed up/boarded up shops. This will greatly add to the mise en scene of our trailer and hopefully make it look more realistic/believable.

These are all pictures of the streets of Manchester City Centre and places that I am hoping to find or at least somewhere similar for my work.


No comments:

Post a Comment