Dear Moderator

Welcome to my A2 Media Studies blog! It shows all of my work which I started on 18/06/12 and finished on 27/03/13. I put a lot of time and effort into my work and I hope that this is reflected in my final product.

My evaluation begins on 26/02/13
My final products appear directly under this text

I had a lot of fun creating my poster, magazine and trailer this year. I hope you enjoy looking at my blog, enjoy!

Wednesday 24 October 2012

Research and Planning: Main character make-up ideas

Tonight I decided to experiment with some make up to see if I could come up with an idea for my film trailer's main character to wear. I started off by looking online for some inspiration and I came across this particular image. I like the use of dark colours on the eyes here and I would like to achieve something similar to create my dark female character.

I then decided to get out my makeup box and see if I could take my own spin on this look.

This is how I wear my makeup on a day to day basis, I think that this could be a good starting point for my characters makeup but in my opinion it's just not 'dark' or 'edgy' enough. Although it would be impractical to wear makeup at all during a zombie apocalypse makeup is a key character trait for a film trailer. In my opinion this is just a little bit too plain for a film.

                                     
By adding a bit of extra black around the eyes this already gives a darker character look a lipstick also adds more dimensions to the look and makes it a lot more visually appealing. We want to create something close to an anti-hero and instead of looking all clean cut and bright, we would like her to fit the 'bad girl' look.

 I like the idea of adding a lot of black around the eyes and smudging it out to create a smokey effect. This could be seen as quite sultry but it could also make our character fall into the male gaze and become a slight sexual object. This is something we're not exactly avoiding.

 This is the darkest idea for the make up. At the moment I am thinking that there may be too much black happening here and a slightly brighter lip colour may work better. Brighter lipstick could always we a trademark of our character.

No comments:

Post a Comment