Dear Moderator

Welcome to my A2 Media Studies blog! It shows all of my work which I started on 18/06/12 and finished on 27/03/13. I put a lot of time and effort into my work and I hope that this is reflected in my final product.

My evaluation begins on 26/02/13
My final products appear directly under this text

I had a lot of fun creating my poster, magazine and trailer this year. I hope you enjoy looking at my blog, enjoy!

Tuesday 9 October 2012

Research and Planning: Meeting 2/ Proposals

Idea One:
Main character is female, trying to survive in post apocalyptic world. Fighting zombie like creatures and trying to find the people who created the outbreak.

Mise En Scene
  • Backstreets, alleys, dirty abandoned city.
  • Bio-hazard posters
  • Low key lighting
  • Tight fitting (leather?) clothing
  • Weapons: Machine gun, Machete, baseball bat
Sound
  • Zombie Moans
  • Fast pace electric guitar based music
  • Fighting sound effects
  • Gun shot
  • Sword 'swipes'
Editing
  • Fast editing
  • Jump cuts to form a montage
  • Straight cuts if dialogue is used
  • Slow motion to show heightened senses

Cinematography
  • A mixture of high and low angles of main character so we can relate
  • Close ups of reactions and 'smirk'
  • Over the shoulder shots of Zombies
  • Mixture of perspectives 
  • Tight framing to make it seem like there are more zombies


Idea 2:
Girl out partying and generally having a good time. She then wakes up in basement, can't remember the night before and is tied to a chair.

Mise en Scene
  • Bright lights at party
  • Low Key lighting in basement some source of light highlighting her
  • Smeared makeup
  • Party outfit including broken high heels from trying to escape
  • Rope and a chair
Sound
  • Dripping water
  • Heavy breathing
  • Creaky steps 
  • Loud party music
  • Slow, creepy scene setting music
Editing
  • Fast editing at the party
  • Slow editing in basement 
  • Fade to basement scene
  • Blurred perspective
Cinematography
  • Canted angle to show disorientation
  • Shot from high angle to make her look vunerable
  • Extreme close up of eyes
  • Long shot to establish the scene and show the situation the girl is in.

No comments:

Post a Comment