Dear Moderator

Welcome to my A2 Media Studies blog! It shows all of my work which I started on 18/06/12 and finished on 27/03/13. I put a lot of time and effort into my work and I hope that this is reflected in my final product.

My evaluation begins on 26/02/13
My final products appear directly under this text

I had a lot of fun creating my poster, magazine and trailer this year. I hope you enjoy looking at my blog, enjoy!

Monday 15 October 2012

Research and Planning: Props (Weapons)


As we are aiming to make a action/horror film we would need weapons to make it seem more realistic and  true to the action genre. As we want to 'break' the stereotype of a weak female character we need to give her the biggest weapons we can to both show that she can handle herself and to add to the excitement of the film trailer we intend to make.

We would like her main weapon to be a machine gun as this is a very big and powerful weapon allowing for long ranged attacks. As I am very interested in zombie movies and zombies in general I would like everything to fall as close to realistic as we can achieve. As Zombies pass on their infection through bite or scratch our character wouldn't want to be getting too close to them. Our teacher has  told us that she already has some replica machine guns in the college that we would be able to use for our project. This will be very helpful.


Another weapon which would be good to use would be a machete as this would bring an up close action aspect to the trailer. We would be able to get a fake one of these from a local fancy dress store or even a super market as Halloween is approaching they will be easy to purchase.


As we would like to create a montage of clips in our trailer we think it could be a good idea to add other weapons into the mix. This could make the film seem more dimensional and give clues as to what will happen in the film. A baseball bat is a typical example of a make do weapon people use in zombie films.

No comments:

Post a Comment