Dear Moderator

Welcome to my A2 Media Studies blog! It shows all of my work which I started on 18/06/12 and finished on 27/03/13. I put a lot of time and effort into my work and I hope that this is reflected in my final product.

My evaluation begins on 26/02/13
My final products appear directly under this text

I had a lot of fun creating my poster, magazine and trailer this year. I hope you enjoy looking at my blog, enjoy!

Thursday 8 November 2012

Research and Planning: Budgeting issues

As we are only students, Pippa has no job and I am earning minimum wage. We need to work together to create our project and make sure it looks as real and as believable as we can possibly make it. We will need to budget to avoid coming up with any problems when it comes to filming.

Makeup
For the makeup we will have to do our best with what we already have in our possession. At my house I already have white face paint that can be used to create the pale, dead look of our zombies. Dark coloured eye shadows could be used to create a dirty, undead look. This can define bone structure and create creases. We will try our best to make this look as professional as we can.

Blood
We will need a lot of fake blood, there is no question about this, if we are making zombies we will need blood. We can buy fake blood for around £2 a tube in fancy dress stores and if it is needed we will learn to make our own using food colouring.

Costume
We are limited to use our own clothing at the minute but hopefully by sharing some clothes and customizing things we have we will be able to create costumes that appear more professional for our characters.

Props
The props we will be using are likely to be bought out of our own money, therefore they will not be completely realistic or as good as a Hollywood movie prop. But this doesn't mean that we won't try. As I have chosen to take responsibility for mise en scene I will be looking carefully from now on in various shops and online to find the perfect props.

Location
We have chosen to use Manchester city center as our ideal main location for filming. This is because it will be the simplest option for us. However as we can't empty the city for our work we will have to find specific locations where they appear empty. We will be unable to travel far for our filming as we will need to bring equipment with us such as cameras and makeup. We will also need to arrange all of our actors in the same place at the same time which could be difficult as we could all live in different areas of Manchester. Smaller scenes could be filmed much closer to home as we may need a range of locations to make our trailer believable.

No comments:

Post a Comment