Dear Moderator

Welcome to my A2 Media Studies blog! It shows all of my work which I started on 18/06/12 and finished on 27/03/13. I put a lot of time and effort into my work and I hope that this is reflected in my final product.

My evaluation begins on 26/02/13
My final products appear directly under this text

I had a lot of fun creating my poster, magazine and trailer this year. I hope you enjoy looking at my blog, enjoy!

Thursday 8 November 2012

Research and Planning: Prop planning

Yesterday I took a trip into Manchester city center after college to see if I could find any props to use for my project at a reasonable price. As I chose to take responsibility for mise en scene it will be my job to find and purchase what we need. Our teacher has already told me that she has a small gun prop that we can use so I focused more on blade weapons.

I liked this blade because it costed only £2 which is a bargin. However the skull on the handle slightly ruined it for me, I may look further to find a nicer/more believable looking blade for my project.


This axe was around £3 which I thought was a good price for such a prop, I think it could look quite believable in our final product. I am highly considering purchasing this prop.

The original idea was to have our character carry a blade possibly in a garter so finding this for £3 was a good find. I will consider my options before purchasing but this would be a good prop to use.

It is also crucial that we have enough fake blood to cover our zombies in, I may need to buy a lot of this to cover them all. I could also attempt to make my own fake blood to save some money.

I also searched online for a bullet belt prop, in stores it cost around £5 so I was wondering if I could find it any cheaper. I think this prop would look great but unless I can find it on my budget we may have to go without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment