Dear Moderator

Welcome to my A2 Media Studies blog! It shows all of my work which I started on 18/06/12 and finished on 27/03/13. I put a lot of time and effort into my work and I hope that this is reflected in my final product.

My evaluation begins on 26/02/13
My final products appear directly under this text

I had a lot of fun creating my poster, magazine and trailer this year. I hope you enjoy looking at my blog, enjoy!

Thursday 8 November 2012

Research and Planning: Film magazine analysis 2

This is my second film magazine analysis, this time I have chosen to use 'Total Film' magazine.

I have chosen this particular cover because I was drawn to the main image, this is something I would like to achieve in my own magazine cover. We see a medium long shot of a woman who stands alone looking away from the camera. She is again holding a gun, this suggests to an audience that there is an action element to this film. She does not appear sexualised as she shows barely any flesh.

The three colour rule traditionally used for magazines seems to have been used here as we see black, white and orange. A silver shade does also appear however in the masthead and number '100'. The orange colour looks like a sunset, creating dramatic lighting on the character. The colour black adds darkness to the image, creating mystery. The colour black is also associated with the spy genre.

The masthead is the largest font on this image, making it stand out against everything else. The font appears to look like shattered glass, linking in with the action element created by the main image.

This magazine would be aimed at again, film lovers. These people would probably age between 20-35. This particular issue could also draw in a male audience as Angelina Jolie is incredibly popular amongst men.

The parts of this image which tell us it is a magazine instead of a poster include
  • The masthead
  • Barcode
  • Coverline
  • Additional stories
  • A positioning statement

No comments:

Post a Comment