Dear Moderator

Welcome to my A2 Media Studies blog! It shows all of my work which I started on 18/06/12 and finished on 27/03/13. I put a lot of time and effort into my work and I hope that this is reflected in my final product.

My evaluation begins on 26/02/13
My final products appear directly under this text

I had a lot of fun creating my poster, magazine and trailer this year. I hope you enjoy looking at my blog, enjoy!

Monday 5 November 2012

Research and Planning: Montage examples

As editing is my responsibility in making our trailer I decided I would start to think about different types of editing I may like to use for my own project. After thinking for a little while I decided to research montages and how they are put together, particularly in trailers with a similar genre to mine. By doing this I will hopefully get some ideas of my own and further my own understanding.

mon·tage/mänˈtäZH/


Noun:
  1. The process or technique of selecting, editing, and piecing together separate sections of film to form a continuous whole.
  2. A sequence of film resulting from this.

 
Here is an example of a trailer I watcdhed to gather inspiration for the montage I wish to create in my own trailer. This is a trailer for Underworld:Awakening and it seems almost the entire trailer is a montage. This keeps the trailer running at a fast pace. However when I come to make my own trailer I would like a mixture of both fast and slow editing. This trailer has a lot of action scenes packed into a short space of time. This tells the audience that the film will be full of action and adds some suspense and tension. Some scenes are edited with a sepia filter giving the impression of past tense or a memory. This is an idea I might like to use when creating my own trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment