Dear Moderator

Welcome to my A2 Media Studies blog! It shows all of my work which I started on 18/06/12 and finished on 27/03/13. I put a lot of time and effort into my work and I hope that this is reflected in my final product.

My evaluation begins on 26/02/13
My final products appear directly under this text

I had a lot of fun creating my poster, magazine and trailer this year. I hope you enjoy looking at my blog, enjoy!

Saturday 10 November 2012

Research and Planning: Wardrobe searching

Today I searched through my wardrobe looking for suitable clothing to use for my project. As we do not have a very large budget we will have to use the clothes that we already own. These could then be shared between us. 


This leather waistcoat could be a good choice as it adds a 'rock chick' sort of feel to the character, the studs also bringing out this. Adding layers to the outfit will be a good idea as we can get away with wearing what looks like little but still remain warm.


The wet look leggings will add another dimension to the outfit and also create ease of movement for any running or action scenes we decide to shoot. The tight look of these leggings will also add to the idea of the male gaze which we are aiming to achieve.


This jacket may also add to the characters look. As we also aim to keep our actress warm lots of layers will be a bonus and help us look after her best interests and health. This jacket has a lot of chains and netting which could give the feel of action to an audience. 


For the top we could either use something simple like a black vest top or we could choose to use a lace corset. This example of a corset could work as it is not all black and could help the characters outfit to stand out. Using variations of colour will look much less plain. The corset will also add a 'sexy' feel to the outfit.


These are two examples of shoes that I am thinking about for the character, the pair on the left are the most sexual, the spiked heels making the costume much more 'rock and roll'. However these shoes would be much harder for our actress to run and generally act in. This is why I am now considering the converse boots. The boots still have a cool look about them and would be much more practical to act in.

No comments:

Post a Comment