Dear Moderator

Welcome to my A2 Media Studies blog! It shows all of my work which I started on 18/06/12 and finished on 27/03/13. I put a lot of time and effort into my work and I hope that this is reflected in my final product.

My evaluation begins on 26/02/13
My final products appear directly under this text

I had a lot of fun creating my poster, magazine and trailer this year. I hope you enjoy looking at my blog, enjoy!

Tuesday 6 November 2012

Research and Planning: Film Poster analysis 2


This group medium-long shot shows a group of strong looking female characters. This are likely to be the protagonists of the film as they come across as the brightest part of the main image. The background of the poster is lit with low key lighting tinted green giving the impression of a dark world also possibly hinting at dark themes which could be running through this film. Because the girls appear brighter in the poster it could be assumed that they represent the good or purity in this film, as that is a stereotypical view of females in film. However mise on scene shows us that these women are stronger than the typical weak damsel in distress, there is no male character portrayed on this image suggesting that these girls don't need saving. They may however be an example of the male gaze due to the clothing that they are wearing.

The girls also carry weaponry this tells the audience that the genre of this film is likely going to be a female fronted action film. There is a dragon in the background also suggesting that there could be a fantasy element to this film. The poster contains stereotypical features making it easily recognisable as a film poster, it contains production and distribution company logos, a date of release, film title and quotes from reviewers. The title itself 'suckerpunch' definitely suggests an action genre. The reviewers mention that this film has the same director as 'the watchmen' and '300' this could be focused on the existing audience of these films and trying to convince them that this film will be similar and they will enjoy it. The low cut outfits of the characters suggest that this film is likely to be targeted at a mainly male audience aged between 15-40. 

No comments:

Post a Comment